Lots of new pages!
I’m having a problem keeping up with my mom. She has written some wonderful pages on The Pet Wiki about pet care.
Here are some of them:
- How can I save my pets when disaster hits?
- Where can I take my dog on vacation?
- What foods are unsafe for pets to eat?
- How do I keep my pet safe at holidays?
- How do I keep my garden Pet-safe?
A friend of mine from work has also added his knowledge (Pets and Halacha – Jewish law). I connected with him through Plaxo, and he found the site. There are so many social media sites, it’s so hard to keep them all straight. What I use most are Facebook and Twitter. I look at LinkIn a bit, and I have a Plaxo account, but I don’t really use them all that much. I never started with MySpace, but I do digg and de.li.cious every os often.
I have two twitter accounts. I tweet a lot more on The Pet Wiki account more than my personal (RenaR) one. On my personal twitter account, I’m just a voyer. I sometimes answer questions and retweet other peoples posts, but I don’t really do any of my own. I don’t share when I’m going to lunch or that I got a 100% on my final paper at school (yeah me!)
For The Pet Wiki, I’m much more community minded. I retweet other peoples tweets, but I also feel like I’ve joined a really great community. There was another “Paw Pawty” this week (see my previous paw pawty post), and I missed it because I was sick. I really would have liked to “be” there, sharing fake Tequilas (after all, it’s almost Cinco De Mayo) and rocking with the other pets. I hope I can make the next one.
It is a bit crazy how you can get caught up in all this. Is there a healthy balance between social media and the real world? I think so, but I don’t have conclusive proof. My brother and sister-in-law say that they don’t need facebook, because they have real friends. Maybe we all should go out and try to make real friends? Nah, I’ll stick with my paw parties >^..^<
Filed under: social media, Twitter, wiki | Leave a Comment
- Spread the word and make a difference. Donate a tweet a day to @blackcatrescue. mo.nu/r/blackcatresc… ☞ justcoz.org 2 weeks ago
- Donate a tweet a day to @blackcatrescue. Click the link and become a supporter mo.nu/r/blackcatresc… ☞ justcoz.org 1 month ago
- Click the link to donate a tweet. Help @blackcatrescue. Thank you! mo.nu/r/blackcatresc… [powered by @justcozapp] 1 year ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.